Bangladesh Labour Foundation
Bangladesh Labour Foundation (BLF) is a non-government; non-profit; non-partisan organization represents the interest of the working people in Bangladesh. BLF works for the welfare of workers, working people, professionals, women, children, employee and families by undertaking various programs and projects. We share a common determination to organize, to defend human rights and labour standards in Bangladesh, and to promote the growth of trade unions for the benefit of all working men and women and their families. BLF is committed to protect of the rights of all workers, create a productive and economic independent society that's free from poverty, discrimination and where people can exercise their basic social and human rights, social justice through activities that focus on youth and women, children and working people of Bangladesh. BLF established in 2001 and Registered with NGO Affairs Bureau, Department of Social Welfare and Directorates of Youth and Sports.
What we do
- Capacity Building and support TU
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Training and Education
- Elimination of Worst form of Child Labour
- Organising Forum and Networking
- Research and Studies
- Communication and Information
- Internship and Academic Collaboration
BLF visualize a society where the dignity and status would be determined by labour and disadvantaged with their capacities, attitudes and practices
1 / 8
RESEARCH AND STUDY
- May Day, or May 1 is also known as Labour Day or International Workers’ Day is observed each...
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work observed on the 28th of April every year. It was first...
- On 24 April 2013, the collapse of the Rana Plaza building in Dhaka, Bangladesh, which housed five...
- On April 24, 2013, the eight-storeyed Rana Plaza building in Savar collapsed killing at least 1,134 people, mostly women, and injuring thousands of others. Since then BLF observe the day with demand to achieve safe...
- BLF marks the World Day for Safety and Health at Work on the 28th of April every year to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases in Bangladesh. Through this awareness-raising campaign BLF intend to...
- The historic May Day observe by BLF in different areas of the country like elsewhere across the world through various programmes with a pledge to establish the rights of workers. BLF along with different trade unions...